Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Preventative Prayer

Praying before going into a battle, (facing a circumstance you know will be challenging) sure beats having to pray for healing after it has left you wounded.

I learned that the hard way this weekend. I went ice skating, and seeing as how I have not been in over a decade, it was a painful experience! I fell, and have the large, colorful bruise to prove it. I was talking to a friend who went with me, and I told her she rocks because she did not fall. She said that is because she was praying the whole time not to fall. I quickly realized my problem- I forgot to pray before hand, now I am left praying away the pain in my throbbing thigh!

Why do we far too often use God as a last result? We are His children and hold His power within us. He is our loving Father who has great plans for our lives. We have everything we need to go into any situation with confidence knowing that through all things we are more than conquerors. Why do we wait until after we have made a mess of things, fallen flat on our face (or bottom if you are ice skating) to call out to Jesus?

Speak His promises and truth into your life daily in order to be better prepared for new adventures (or challenges). Pray first! Seek God first and all else will fall into place! Ask God for guidance as you start each day, ask Him to steer you in the right direction to avoid pitfalls and traps strategically placed by the enemy trying to destroy your life. Knowing that we are in a war with the deceiver, why would we not "pray without ceasing!" (1 Thess. 5:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails