Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Peacemaker and The Pyromaniacs

Let's discuss this cliche:  "I'm at the end of my rope."
Well....what happens when you are at the end of your rope and then suddenly you are surrounded by pyromaniacs setting the end of your rope on fire, loosing precious strands in seconds...and each time you get one fire put out, then another person prone to starting fires lights it up again! THEN WHAT?!

When is enough- enough?
Where is rock bottom? Because I thought I found it and then....fell another 20 feet...and then another...
When do I get my superwoman cape- because I would be rockin' that for sure! Because if I am suppose to be able to bare all this, then I should bare the title Superwoman too! And get the perks of her super powers- flying would definitely come in handy since I can not afford airfare to see my family!!!

Which straw is the last straw?
Which stone is the one that has the final say in your destruction and doom. What do you do when every where you look you see the stones being cast as you are pleading for escape, only to be left in the dirt crying out alone, buried beneath the weight of boulders with your name and all that is wrong with you engraved in permanent ink!

How do you persevere with pyromaniacs leaving you no rope to hold onto?

You turn to The Peacemaker.

This is one of my favorite passages from the Bible, and one I think of often:

Philippians 4:4-7
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Allow me to summarize what these verses mean to me and the present fires that I face thanks to the pyro people in my life-

"Rejoice in the Lord, always" - NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE FACING, NO MATTER HOW MANY STRANDS ARE LEFT ON THE ROPE, NO MATTER HOW HOT THE FIRE- SING PRAISE TO THE LORD!

"Let your gentleness be evident to all."- WHETHER TO THE FIREFIGHTERS OR THE FIRE STARTERS- SHOW THEM KINDNESS AND SHARE WITH THEM THE LOVE OF GOD!

"Do not be anxious." - STOP WORRYING!!!!!!!! STOP SINGING "IT'S MY PYROMANIACS BURNED MY ROPE AND I AM LEFT FALLING INTO THEIR FIRE, PARTY- AND I WILL CRY IF I WANT TO" SAD SONGS AND JUST SING PRAISE SONGS INSTEAD (which goes back to the first part of this passage)

"but in every situation by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God."- STOP TRYING TO PUT OUT THE FIRES, STOP FOCUSING ON THE FIRES,  AND START PRAYING- TURN YOUR FACE TO THE ALL POWERFUL GOD WHO IS BIGGER THAN THE BONFIRE THE ENEMY HAS STARTED IN YOUR LIFE!
AND DO THIS WITH A THANKFUL HEART BY THE WAY! THIS IS EASIER TO DO WHEN YOU FOCUS ON THE FATHER AND NOT THE FIRES :)

And....here we go...this is just the most amazing part of that passage, in my opinion...and hey...since it is my blog- and I am typing this message out because I am speaking to myself after another long night of tears and turmoil....I am allowed to give my opinion :p

"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
NO MATTER WHAT FIRES I FACE- MY FATHER AND HIS WONDERFUL PEACE TAKE PRIORITY OVER THEM! HIS POWERFUL PEACE REPLACES THE PAINFUL BURNS! AND ALL THOSE THINGS I HAVE FACED- JESUS CAN USE TO CREATE A STRONG WARRIOR WHO CAN PERSEVERE NO HOW MANY PYROMANIACS THERE ARE ON THIS PLANET!

So...even when all strands of that string are burned and I think I have no where left to go....I forget that I can fall into the strong hands of my Heavenly Father and find His strength to keep hanging on. His hands are far better than any rope in the first place! So, I guess I need to stop thinking of strings, straws, and stones and think of the One that can Hold me and protect me against all things! I need to turn to the One who even the cross could not keep Him from conquering the enemy! I need to focus on the One that death could not keep down! I need to remember the One that stood in the furnace with three Hebrew boys and rescued them leaving not even a trace of fire on them!

When we face fires or feel like we are falling off the end of a rope- we need to turn to the powerful Peacemaker allow Him to pull us through- BECAUSE THAT POWERFUL PEACEMAKER- JESUS CHRIST IS FIREPROOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails