Saturday, July 20, 2013

Growth

Dear Wonderfully Made Friends,

Riley had some money that he had gotten from the tooth fairy...and we all know that money burns holes in our pockets- right?! Well at a family reunion auction he bid it all away on a basket full of candy! Some would say that is a good way to spend it...but he found out a few days later when he wanted a Hot Wheels semi truck that he wished he would have saved his money!  Well, we talked about it and lesson learned, he knows that he should be more careful on what he spends his money on. He realized what he thought he wanted - the candy - was not what he truly wanted (or needed for that matter) in the long run.

I was just thinking about the same thing for myself. I was thinking about how far God has brought me this last decade and how he helped me grow in my thoughts and my desires. What I thought I wanted and downright needed in order to survive several years ago, I have recently realized that it is not at all what I needed and that God had better things in store for me.  I have also been able to face temptations with those same old desires and fight back with the strength of Christ; again making me excited about how far God has brought me!

When we face things that seem like they are exactly what we want & need, make sure to take it to Christ first. Pray about it. Have Christ speak to your heart and to help you know what it is that you truly need at the time.  Pray that He helps keep you strong in the face of misleading desires and moves you forward into better things!   Remember that you are more than a conqueror in Christ and that you are able to stay free from the traps that the enemy lays for you- so when he tells you that you need the candy now- remind him that Christ has bigger plans for you and you are pressing on in the power of Christ!

Love,
Christina Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails