Saturday, August 6, 2011

8th Dwarf

Snow White has seven dwarfs not eight; therefore, I need to stop being Mopey!! Although many of my friends would tease that I could pass for one of her dwarfs by height requirements alone; I don't need to become one by personality plunge--diving deeper into a Mopey pouting pit. So instead why don't I try and pass for Snow White...pale skin-check...and begin to whistle while I work; staying positive while praising my Savior no matter what the circumstances!!

While I was in Ohio I went to my sister's church and heard a great message that really helped put me in check. Her pastor from Faith Family Church, Mike Cameneti, was talking about faith and how we are to ask things from God in faith...and here's the kicker...not begging/whining/crying for what we want....yeah...ouch...hurt me too! Soooo that is what I have been doing wrong. All these years of being alone and crying myself to sleep every night, I was begging God for a Prince Charming after torturing myself by watching another sappy chick flick marathon. My negative mouth kept the complaints coming about how lonely I was, how long it has been since I have been touched by a man, or talked to by a man, or even looked at by a man and how miserable it all was; well still is, but with the words of that Pastor my attitude was snapped back into place. Yes we can ask God for things, but ask in confident faith.

My outlook needed to change. The boys and I are blessed, very much taken care of by a faithful Father, and we are doing very well. I am finally at the stage where I can say I am content with the place I am at. I am asking and believing God for things in faith, but then letting it go and letting him work...without any back talk from mouthy little me! :) Stay positive and speak positive-- that equals positive results!




No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails