Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Hand to Hold

A few years ago, I went with Riley and his class on a field trip down to the aquarium. While there, we went out on the nature trail. I was in charge of Riley and two other boys; one boy wanted me to hold his hands while we were walking through the woods. As we were exploring nature, a man came up to us and told us to watch our step because a snake had just crossed over the path a few feet away from where we were standing. I said a kind thank you, and we kept walking. After a few steps, the boys asked quietly, "Ms. King are you scared?" I asked, "Why would you ask that?" He replied, "Because you are squeezing my hand."

This story came back to my memory the other night while laying in bed, and so many thoughts flooded my heart; therefore, I pray that a good messages comes through this post, and I just don't ramble on endlessly; venturing off aimlessly into so many different directions we all get lost! Now, for those of you who know me personally, you can see the challenge here!!!

Of course the obvious message here is facing fear. "God does not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7) If you struggle with fears in your life, you need to (like I have been doing for my son) speak this verse into your life daily. We can not face life afraid! God has too many great things in store for us that we do not want to miss out by sitting back in fear afraid to move! Fear is a trap of the enemy to distract us from God's plan. Step forward in Christ confidence! "Be strong and of good courage, do not be afraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

Which leads me to...the unseen, the path ahead of us, the things we worry about, whatever we are facing...
Again, we need to step forward in confidence; knowing that whatever is out there...God has already prepared the way. He has gone before us and promised that "all things work together for the good for those who love God." (Romans 8:28)
So keep walking on His path without fear...take hold of the nail-scarred hand and walk forward in trust; knowing that your "steps are ordered by the Lord." (Psalm 37:23)

Speak these promises into your life today, and have faith that the Father will never let go of your hand as you walk with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails