Thursday, August 2, 2012

Faith

I have been reading a series by my favorite author Karen Kingsbury, the Redemption series. I love her characters so much; I just want to sit down and have dinner with them, hang out with them, laugh and cry with them...well the crying part I do often enough while I read! Reading the second book, I was so involved in the story one night until I finally realized I should check the time and get to sleep because I was going to the beach the next day...it was already after 5 AM! I had not realized I had been reading all night!

The only frustrating thing is that I have already read some of her other series and did not know that I should have read the Redemption series first.  A few of her other series intertwine the Baxter family in them and they take place later on in life.  Well, this means that now while reading about the Baxter family...I already know the way some things work out later.  One thing that really annoys me is if someone or something ruins the ending of a book or movie for me; I love to be surprised!  So this was a little frustrating that I already knew that even though some things looked bad or looked a certain way...I knew what worked out and what did not work out; yet I still enjoyed the books so much that I would almost say they are my new favorites. (it is very hard to choose a favorite they all are so amazing)

The 4th book in the series has been a little different for me; I am going to try not to give away too much because if you have never read these books- you have to!  Therefore, I don't want to spoil anything :)  The events in this book are not things that I remember hearing about in the other books that I have read.  I was just thinking about this while doing dishes. I have not been flying through this book as fast as I have with the others, and I have been having a hard time with the major devastating event taking place....and I realized it was because I don't know how it turns out.

Hmmmm.....this was new for me with books...wanting to know the ending before I get there...and very concerned that it will turn out even more tragic than a Shakespeare play!  Even some of the characters in her story built around a very strong faith in God are struggling to believe that God has a happily ever after ending in store.  I am writing today to remind myself of some truths that I believe with all that I am....even if some days they seem to be clouded over with confusion, all I need to do is dive into His word, pray, and begin to praise Him; then it all becomes clear again...even if the ending is not in sight...the final outcome is.

Meaning that I know this; "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

Jeremiah 29:11


I also know this, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.

Romans 8:28

I am well aware of this fact also and pray that I will do better with it daily, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. " 
And this is something that in the mist of negativity, and lies from an enemy that I have to claim hourly, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" 
Philippians 4:13 
and “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” 
Then there is this truth that allows me to find comfort in the questioning of life,
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

I may not see what is in store for this character in this book and I may not see what exactly is happening in my life.  I mean seriously, will I stay single for another century before finally getting a "happily ever after"?  Will I ever see my dream become a reality and touch the lives of millions through my best selling novels pointing people toward a powerful Jesus and a hope-filled life like Karen Kingsbury does? Will God send a clear sign of where is the best place to live for the boys and I, and open the door for it to happen; or will I continue to be pulled in a tug-a-war act of confusion with no peace in sight? Will those I love that have fallen away from God ever find the nearness of His loving arms again?  Will I see loved ones healed from illnesses that are marked impossible and terminal?  The answers to these questions and many more may not be clear cut or plastered on billboards for easy notice, but...I know who holds all the answers and I know that all those promises above, and many more, are what brings peace to my soul, joy to my life, and love to my heart..  It also builds my faith and allows me to persevere.  Because what is faith?

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." 
Hebrews 11:1-2



If we can see all that life has to offer, if we know all the answers, if we have no sorrows, if we are all powerful, then we wouldn't need Jesus would we?  Faith is being able to believe even when we cannot see...even when we don't know the ending of the book...or the outcomes of our lives...we must believe that He does and He has it all worked out for good and He planned it all out of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails