Saturday, October 3, 2009

Over-Active Mind


I know you, and by you I mean brunettes, may think how can a blonde have an over-active mind....lol...but it is true. I suffer from ADHD. Well, I have never actually been diagnosed, but a friend of mine did look over the Vanderbilt forms you use to diagnose someone....yeah, my results were not good. For starters they have "talks too much" on there...and they only have a 1-4 scale; she added a 20! So, my mind is pretty much like a pin-ball machine on speed! On the plus side, I have developed a passion for writing and have found that the millions of thoughts swarming through my head like a massive family of angry bees, comes in handy for creating literary masterpieces...ok, well that is an opinion, but...
So I am going to try this blogging thing out as I continue on my road to becoming a published author. Not only am I hoping it helps me get rid of the thoughts the detour me on any given moment without warning (check out my flair buttons on my facebook profile...many have to do with talking too much, changing topic in mid sentence, and you know Dori from Nemo....I so love her because she reminds me of me), but also, and more importantly, I am hoping that somewhere amidst my random thoughts, I can encourage someone, make someone laugh, inspire someone, advice someone (wait...that could be dangerous), challenge someone, and just share the love with those I love (and that is anyone who is reading this...I know no strangers!). Thanks for taking the time to read. Enjoy and God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Camilyn,
    Thank you so much! Yes...many verses in the Bible talk about taking control of your thoughts, and peace of mind...it is so important for people to understand that the battle is really in our minds...the devil can spin those thoughts out of control and we begin to spiral into the pits of depression/insecurity/anxiety/addictions....all because the devil knows how to use our mind against us....well praise God that when we began to believe/accept/and speak His promises into our lives we can rise up and be more than conquorers in those touugh battles when we live in the confidence of Christ Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails