Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Silly Poem

Lord, I thank you for my fins; a rainbow of color,
for my home filled with fresh, cool, water
that rushes by me as I press on through
towards my rock of hiding
where I can rest and not be disturbed.
Then I can race again to the top to jump
int the crisp air and splash again into the water.
Then I see a worm. That tasty looking worm.
I thank you Lord for my lunch.
I began to devour.
Then something catches me.....
Lord, why along with the prize, must come the pain?
This is my prayer as I hang
from the line of a fisherman.


I wrote this poem years ago...I think for a creative writing class. As I was laying in bed last night, I remembered a line from this poem and had to go searching for it to share with you: "Lord, why along with the prize, must come the pain?". Is this not true....
I mean just think about a lonely night and a pack of oreos...pleasure/prize and pain go together. Don't act like you ain't been there! LOL.
Or think of working out with a trainer at the gym...loose weight=prize. Lunges=PAIN!!
But what about this one.....Going through a battle=PAIN.
Gaining the character of Christ= PRIZE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails