Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TODAY'S THREAT! BE AFRAID...BE VERY AFRAID!

First of all let me start by saying how blessed I am with wonderful family and friends; no matter where I have been in my life (OH,FL,NC) God has placed numerous amounts of amazing people in my life...given that I am very much a needy people person, this is the biggest blessing to me. Whenever I think of it, it overwhelms me with the amount of love and support I have surrounding me at all times. To all of you: THANK YOU!

My BBFF was again just giving me some wonderful, much needed encouragement just now. And I am sure she wants me to grasp this concept so much that if she was standing next to me she would have wanted to literally beat it into my head...although she can't because she knows I am stronger than her with my massive muscles concealed in this short 5 foot frame of mine. But...anyways: she was wishing that I could really see in myself what other's see in me.

Why can't we?

I was just thinking about this earlier today while I was in a Science workshop for my new 2nd grade teaching job. The very tiny trainer had given this astronaut costume she was wearing to another teacher to put on as she was demonstrating an idea we can utilize in our classrooms; the other beautiful, very petite woman made a comment something along the lines of "Oh, I am not your small size, and I won't fit into this." To which the very small trainer replied, "Oh, I am like twice your size!" This is what we do...focus on only the negative in ourselves, yet are very aware of all the positive attributes that make up all those amazing people around us....you know, the ones we will never compare to...THIS IS SO STUPID!!!! WHY DO WE DO IT????? And yes, as my sons would say, Mommy that is not a nice word--but it is the truth! It is stupid--point blank. And we need to stop doing that right now in Jesus name and realize our own self worth!

"I WILL PRAISE YOU, FOR I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE" Psalm 139:14

So many of us can quote this verse, yet so few of us believe it, accept it, nor live it.

Shockingly, I am going to make this short and sweet.
I AM AN AMAZING CHILD OF GOD!
AND YOU ARE TOO!
BELIEVE IT IN JESUS NAME! AND LET US WALK IN THAT CONFIDENCE....OR I WILL BEAT YOU DOWN WITH THOSE MUSCLES I WAS TELLING YOU ABOUT! AMEN! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails