Friday, August 27, 2010

Focus

What is your mind focusing on right now?

The overwhelming rush of negative thoughts, depressing emotions, your faults, fears that force you to live in a constant state of anxiety, stressful circumstances.....

Or on the blessings, joy, peace, and love that surround us if only we would open our eyes to all the Lord has to offer and clear our minds of the chaos.

I have a hard time with this....and I am sure I can say accurately...we all do.

I have spent the majority of my life focusing on my faults, and my shortcomings, and my failures, and my weaknesses, and my stressful situations. Thankfully God has been working on this over the last few years, and has been digging up the roots of insecurities and fears in my life and creating a strong, confident woman....but a human woman who still deals with thoughts...a human woman with ADHD who deals with many overactive thoughts bombarding my mind at a constant intense speed. So I can very much relate to someone who has to fall at the feet of their Heavenly Father often, and beg for a renewal of the mind!!

This came to my heart and mind tonight while talking with a friend about the war that rages in our minds.

FOCUS ON THE FATHER....NOT YOUR FAULTS.

Because His word says:

"MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU, FOR MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS."
2 Corinthians 12:9

And

"I can do all things through Christ who gives us strength."
Philippians 4:13

Also

"May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
Colossians 1:11-14

So

DON'T GIVE UP!!

We can get through this! We just have to daily CHOOSE to allow the promises of the Lord to take control over our thoughts, and kick the Devil's butt at the boxing match in our mind! And you know I love to use my muscles any chance I get!! LOL....however, this is just mental muscles that I need to daily allow God to develop in me so that I can stand firm in my faith!

I love Joyce Meyer's book Battlefield of the Mind, and I am going to start reading it again! I highly recommend it if you are dealing with overwhelming thoughts pulling you into dark pits that seem far out of reach of the Father's hands....

Thankfully He is there at the call of His name. Call on Jesus today. Allow Him to be your strength in this daily battle of mindsets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails