Saturday, January 8, 2011

why can't i?

Why can't I take the advice I give out to others? Does anyone else struggle with this? Especially when I give advice to my own boys...

Talking to Riley one day, I was telling him to stop saying "I can't" because by saying that you have already failed before you have even started.

It was as if God himself hollered into a megaphone right inside my ear, "DID YOU HEAR WHAT YOU JUST SAID????"

This has happened a lot lately with different things I have said to my boys. Children will learn more by what they see than what they hear. I need to be leading by example.

My negative mood has dramatically effected the atmosphere of my home. And that must change. My insecurity has once again plowed right over me, leaving me devastated and depressed. And that must change. My words have been destructive, defeating, and degrading. And that must change. NOW!

I know times can get tough, and it has been down right unbearable lately as I have argued with God on the verse "does not put more on you than you can bear". "I AM NOT SUPERWOMAN, LORD!!! And if I am, can't I at least get a cape and the ability to fly with the job!!!" (It would make visiting family in OH much easier!)

But, in the mist of it all, I know my God is faithful. He will renew my strength, joy and peace of mind. Look forward to more positive post to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails