Sunday, February 27, 2011

On My Mind Again...

First of all...I am not Giada De Laurentiis, and I should not try to be...LOL. Guess I am just a little jealous. She is beautiful, Italian, has been to Italy and Greece, and she is an amazing chef. So I tried to make one of her recipes yesterday. (link is included below if you would like to try it and let me know how yours turns out!) Mine...did not turn out all that great. And what was worse is that I had to spend a lot of money on the ingredients because I could not find the items at Wal-Mart! And there are only two little boys and myself in the house; this recipe made a huge amount, so a lot of it was wasted...well I did freeze the shrimp mixture and I will see if I can thaw it out later and throw it in a linguine and alfredo sauce...we will see. (not quite sure if you can do that...lol) Anyways...I am not the type that gives up easily though, so I will just have to try again with another recipe of hers! The boys and I enjoy watching her shows. I think for the boys it is because she is beautiful...lol...because if I actually get to turn the television to something I want to watch, and if either her or Rachel Ray are on the Food Network, then they will let me watch it! LOL.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/bruschetta-with-shrimp-tarragon-and-arugula-recipe2/index.html




1 ticket to Capri, Italy please?? I know I keep asking...but I am using my manners and saying please!! :)

Is it June yet???

So....if you eat a whole box of Girl Scout cookies while you are walking on the treadmill, does that make it OK? LOL....and no, I did not try this...but only because I am not very graceful. I would probably trip, fall, and crush my cookies to crumbs and that...would be tragic!

I am very excited because my job is offering exercises classes after work three days a week! I am starting to work out again and feel great! If you just make it fun, then you will look forward to working out! I suggest Zumba! It is fun, I love it! Also, get your friends involved. Having a whole gym full of people really helps keep you going. So find friends, and start holding each other accountable and get movin'! Our bodies are the temple of the Lord...we should take good care of them....and believe me...this is coming from someone who has struggled with weight. I was once called obese by doctors. I love food, (hence the Girl Scout cookie comment) and I also use it as a source of comfort...so I very much understand the challenges, frustrations, and heartaches of weight issues. BUT WE CAN DO IT!! We can loose weight, get in shape, and FEEL GREAT!

"I can do all things through Christ who gives us strength." Philippians 4:14
Just thought I should include that verse after the above challenge :)

Anyone like chess? The boys and I have really gotten into it and enjoy it...I heard it is the game for very smart people...so yeah, it makes sense that we would like it! LOL...

SERIOUSLY I JUST CLEANED!!! Why, oh why is it a mess again???!!!

"I can do all things through Christ who gives us strength." Philippians 4:14
I just needed it again after looking around the house... :)

Spring flowers are already blooming in eastern North Carolina...just saying :)

Count your blessings...and be positive! Because God truly is good...it is not just something we say!



No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails