Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Duck Tape Needed!

Does anyone have any duck tape? I need it for my mouth! Now, those of you that know me, yes this may seem funny because I never stop talking...but...I actually mean it for not just the fact that I can't stop talking...it is what I am saying....

This painting that I recently did will help set the stage for this lesson:


I have not been doing well with this lately...
I have been Debbie Down, I have been very negative, I have been yelling, screaming, fussing, fighting, speaking "I can'ts" into my life, daddy bashing, slang word slingin', mumbling, grumbling....and it goes on and on....
and on...and on...and on and on....like I said- I TALK WAY TOO MUCH!

Which would be OK (well in my book...lol...) if it was the old Christina who was much more positive, funny (the funniest- again in my book...lol), friendly, outgoing, social, upbeat....but...it has not been that way for awhile :(

So this is my new daily prayer...well let's face it- HOURLY- prayer, and it comes from the lyrics of one of my friend's songs:
"When I open my eyes, let your light shine. 
WHEN I OPEN MY MOUTH- LET YOUR WORDS COME OUT!"

Help me Lord to speak positively!  Help me speak your promises not only into my life, but also into the lives of others...even...yes even the lives of my enemies!! (well really only one enemy, but with that one- I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP! This is in reference to the whole daddy bashing thing for those who do not know me)  Help me Lord to be uplifting and encouraging.  Help me speak with faith and make mountains move!  Help me inspire others with my words!  Help me share love with my words! Help me to give you glory with everything that comes out of my mouth!  Help me to build confidence in our young generations with my words!  Help me to make new friends with my words and not loose the ones I already have because of my bitter self lately!  Help me to teach my children about you with my words!  Help me to show the fruits of the Spirit with my words!  Help me to bring joy to my family's lives and others with my words!  HELP ME WITH MY MOUTH LORD! HELP ME THINK BEFORE I SPEAK! IN JESUS NAME!

If Jesus can teach this blabber mouth blonde to use her brain before she blurts- then...there is hope for us all :)  Just remember...if you are struggling with this as much as I have been...."there is no condemnation in Christ", so ask for forgiveness- AND MOVE ON- PRAYING FOR HIS HELP!  Know that we are "daily being transformed into the image of Christ!" So be thankful He is still working on us and loves us even with our messed up mouths!  He also loves us enough to challenge us and push us in the right direction! Therefore, keep this in mind, "I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me STRENGTH!". 

P.S. Go to iTunes and check out that awesome song from my friend: "Take Control" by Devin Williams




No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails