Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Life

Well...Valentine's Day rolls around again...a day of love!

So...my thoughts about Valentine's Day....hmmmm....
This last few years I have to admit I have had mixed feelings about the day...I play tug-a-war between being the bitter, lonely old maid with a disdain for the day (being alone on two special days in one. it is also my birthday. not cool...lol) and still being the romantic at heart who loves to share the love :)
I saw the movie Valentine's Day this weekend with some awesome friends, and had a great time laughing! I loved the idea of the hating Valentine's Day party...when the girl brought out the huge pinata heart to beat on with a bat...I was like...awesome!....lol...ok...now let's focus on the positive since I got that off my chest...ha ha ha....I am mostly joking...but also want to let all of you who also had no hot date for today...I understand....but let me tell you now about someone who does love you and who is there for you....

Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love--and there is a Heavenly Father who loves you so much that His word states "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" Notice the word in all caps and bold print...whosoever...hey that includes YOU! HE LOVES YOU! AND THAT IS SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE!

So this is for you...the one who may be feeling unlovable, the one who feels left-out, the one who feels like one of the ogres instead of the fairy princess...don't count yourself out of a love that is unconditional and everlasting. He is there to be your valentine...your prince...your savior. And not just on one day out of the year....but EVERYDAY!

Now let's also talk about what our awesome God who loves us wants us to do with our life....
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT ABUNDANTLY!

My pastor talked about this today....to love life and have good days. (If you have read my last two post...you know I needed to hear about having some good days...lol...and for a side note...I have risen above the negative mood and I am back to my bubbly, goofy self again, and I am so thankful for God restoring peace in my life and for placing amazing friends in my life who love me and encourage me)
So...we are to love life and have good days. We don't have to wait until we get to Heaven to have a glorious life. We are to enjoy life now...even in the mist of this negative world...we are to be positive and live life abundantly! I know someone may read this and say well that is easy for you to say, but you don't know my life....well...if you have been reading my blogs...I do know.....but I also know that this is true...with the joy of the Lord as my strength I can dance in the face of darkness, I can laugh when I want to cry,and I can enjoy all that God has for me....success and blessings. joy and peace. strength and wisdom. Its all for me! And for you! He loves you and He promises these things to you! SO SEEK AFTER THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU, WHO COMPLETES YOU, WHO DIED FOR YOU, AND WHO LIVES FOR YOU! AND HE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO REALLY LOVE LIFE!

What does the Bible say about love?
"Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Remember these words...check your heart and ask yourself....is this the kind of love you are showing towards those you love? And to all?

I pray that you have had a blessed day today on this special day. I also pray you continue to share the love everyday! I pray that love and laughter are poured out abundantly in your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails