Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Walking Backwards

I was doing hall duty this morning when I had to get on a student for walking backwards....now me, being the graceful person that I am...lol...I would have not been able to accomplish that task, however she was managing just fine. But doing my job...I have to keep students at bay from dangers...such as falling or running into things/people....so I had to ask her to walk the right way.

Now...what does the word of God teach us about heading backwards...
"Forgetting what is behind, and straining towards what is ahead" Philippians 3:11-13

Hmmmmm....perhaps God is trying to keep us away from heading down a dangerous path with this warning....no good can come from staying in a state of mind focused on all the negative things that have made there presence well known in our lives.

We are called to LET GO OF OUR PAST....LEAVE IT IN THE PAST!
And we are to focus on the good that the Lord has planned for us ahead.

Like this student, some of us may seem to be managing just fine walking backwards and dredging up the past as we keep it constantly on our present mind....at least we think we are managing fine....but if we cannot let go of the mistakes,the hurt,the pain, and the what if questions...then we will never be able to grasp all that is in store for those who believe.

A song I used to sing in college, based on a scripture, says "No eye has seen, no ear has heard...the good that the Lord has prepared for those...who wait on Him to bring good news...I am the potter and you are the clay"

This states that we cannot even imagine what God has planned for us, and that if we willingly allow Him to form us and shape us...He will do extraordinary things in our lives.

If he is willing (once we confess our sins) to put them behind him, and forget about them....then why do we not do the same?


Learn from the past yes...but do not live in the past!
I have learned so much from the mistakes I have made and things I have been through, but I will not allow those mistakes to continue to bring the weight of condemnation on my shoulders so that I can not rise above it and live victoriously each day. I want to be able to walk straight ahead into a promising future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails