Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's Go Time Baby!


Recently the Nike slogan has been running through my mind..."Just Do It". My own six year old has his favorite saying with a similar idea, "It's go time baby!".

Both of these are statements requiring action...setting things in motion....getting a move on it....full speed ahead!

Are these slogans you can relate to? Or, do you find yourself holding back...at a stand still....dazed and confused...lost....settling?

I think we far too often make excuses, and just sit back; watching life pass us by....

As Nike and my son would agree...it's time to move forward and get actively aggressive in our lives.

Now, what came to me today, after Nike's slogan continued to bounce around in my brain for about a week....was the fact that I (and perhaps you) need to quit making excuses and JUST BE THE WOMAN OF GOD HE HAS CALLED ME TO BE! TO LIVE MY LIFE ABUNDANTLY-- WHICH REQUIRES ACTION ON MY PART!

God has chosen me. I am a child of His. And He has a purpose and plan for my life...to be prosperous and successful, and to be a light for the lost. So why am I just sitting around waiting thinking the following: I am not ready, I am not who He wants me to be just yet, I am too old/young, I have not fully developed my talents to the degree of any usefulness, I am not aware of my purpose/career in life at this time, I have messed up too much to shine for the world to see...

Yes, the old song "He's still working on me" is true....BUT...that doesn't mean while He is working on me I am to sit upon a shelf in some dusty, old, run-down workshop and just do nothing!!

God wants me to just do it!! To get out there in this world with my head held high and live out a life full of the joy of the Lord so that those seeking after something to fill their void will look at me...a christian...and say "I want that!!"
My pastor often states, Christians are the ones who are supposed to be setting the standards in this world...yet it is well known that the number one reason for atheism is: Christians.....
THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THAT! HOW DO WE FIX IT?
WELL....IT STARTS WITH THE PERSON YOU SEE IN THE MIRROR EVERYDAY....

Are you just pleasantly living in a pit just hoping to hold on until the coming of Christ? Or, are you living your life as the aggressor force like my son saying, "IT'S GO TIME BABY!"?

I am ready to do the will of God! I am ready to live my life with a smile on my face even in the mist of sorrow, and dance in the darkness, and display a positive presence (not acting like I ate a bowlful of bitterness every morning), and I am ready to shout it from the rooftop that I have a reason for living and that reason is JESUS!

2 Timothy states that God does not give us a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and a sound mind....

Stop being afraid of all those lies creeping around in your cranium that are holding you back from all that He has called you to do....know that God has already equipped you with what you need-- His spirit, a powerful spirit, to help you live life boldly before Him!

STOP HOLDING BACK FROM LIFE FOR FEAR OF FAILURE AND START LIVING KNOWING HE IS ALWAYS THERE WITH YOU AND YOU CAN LIVE IN FREEDOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails