Tuesday, March 30, 2010

stick a fork in me....I'm done!

I am TIRED...weary, exhausted, worn-out, drained, fatigued, bushed, beat, used-up, and all gone. (sorry was having fun with the thesaurus...lol) But that is how I feel. The last few weeks have just been busy and the To Do List seems to never end.

Now we have had some great times this last few weeks. This weekend, according to my son was "the best ever!" (celebrating a friend's birthday and his; so good reason to be joyful) But it just seems like I have been pouring myself thin, and I am just ready to crawl into bed and sleep through spring break! And seeing as how it looks like it will be nice and warm; I want to head to the beach and relax in the calming but empowering atmosphere of God's amazing creation!

I NEED REJUVENATED!! I NEED ENERGY!!

But I have found (from trying far too often) that although energy drinks work...they don't last, and if you mix one of those with chocolate...you get a lovely buzzing feeling going on in your brain, you start acting a little goofy/hyper...and then you crash. That is not what I am looking for.

I need a source of strength.

I am thankful that these well known verses remind me where to look for what I need:

THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH!

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH!


So....even when the many things demanding my attention and focus pile on me leaving me dragging my sluggish body to bed longing to sleep for weeks...I need to remember where my strength and source of life and freedom come from:

"God, I need a refreshing renewal. I thank you Lord for all Your blessings and the joy you bring to my life. I thank You for always being there. For lifting me up when I am down. For carrying me when I am weak. For loving me when I am unworthy. For not condemning me when I am guilty. For sending me kisses from Heaven in sweet, unexpected ways in all that goes on around me, causing me to smile...take a deep breath...and enjoy this life you have blessed me with. But right now Lord...I am done! I am just plain tired, and want to forget all the responsibilities and troubles and chores (yes Lord I know the floor needs swept so bad that if you collected all the crumbs there would be a feast...but I am tired!) Help me Lord....maybe send Merry Maids or something please. (I am glad God has a good sense of humor :)
I just need you Lord. I need your strength. I praise You Lord for the seasons changing and Spring arriving. I thank You Lord for the flowers blooming and the heat rising...it does make me feel alive again and ready to get motivated! Just help me to focus Lord. Help me to keep my priorities straight....You first...and then all else falls into place! Give me rest Lord....good rest so that I will wake and be ready to tackle the to do list with the energy of my six year old! I love you Lord, and I praise Your holy and wonderful name. Lord if anyone else is feeling the same beat-down, worn-out, dog-tired feelings I am experiencing...be with them Lord. Uplift them. Encourage them. Give them strength and joy! In Jesus name. Amen."

p.s. the floors did get swept don't worry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails