Thursday, March 11, 2010

when the stars go blue...

God speaks to us in so many ways it is amazing....

For me, one way He often speaks to me is through music because I love music and always have it on.

The last two nights I have been sort of down...not negative or in a bad mood...just some things on my mind, I need a hug, could cry for a bit, and then be OK type of mood....

So, I was watching One Tree Hill, (which of course watching a drama when you are already down is not highly recommended) and the song came on "When the Stars Go Blue". And one of the repetitive lines in this song ask, "Where do you go when you're lonely? Where do you go when you're blue?"

So? Where do you go to drown out your sorrows? I know the world has plenty of things/places/people to offer a "solution"....but when its all said and done..the sorrows are still there, the void is still painful, and the heart is still empty.

I know where you can go when you are so lonely the emptiness leaves you lost in a world of billions of people....

I know where you can go when the sorrow stings so deep you ache, and swear you'll never see the light of day again....

I know where you can go when the weight of the world on your shoulders pushes you into a pit of depression...

I know where you can go when you need comfort...

At the feet of Jesus.

He understands loneliness...his disciples fell asleep on Him at a very crucial moment in His life...and he prayed in the garden alone before His death.

He understands pain and agony...He pleaded with God in so much agony He sweat drops of blood.

He understands rejection...thousands yelled out release Barabbas and crucify Jesus.

He understands betrayal....hello--Judas.

He understands sorrow...Jesus wept.

He understands death....he bore all our sins on a cross.

BUT....He also understands love and faithfulness better than you could ever imagine....Jesus is there and will never leave you nor forsake you. Cry at His feet, and He will wrap His arms of love around you. Now, I have often argued that, well....I want someone who is actually standing before me to wrap their arms around me and love on me....but take it from this person who has been alone for a decade now, (well almost a decade, seems like a century) and has learned that there is nothing like the peace and comfort of Jesus. Many a nights I have "wept at His feet", and He has filled me with such peace the overrides all the pain...the circumstances may not change, but my heart is filled with His love, comfort, peace, strength, and also joy!

No person or place or thing can compare to the love and peace of Jesus. His love is unconditional and everlasting. His peace passes all understanding. His shoulders are big enough to bare the pain, sorrow, and burdons so....YOU DON'T HAVE TO!!

So...when your stars go blue...go to the creater of the stars. Go to Jesus and you will find all that you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails