Sunday, March 28, 2010

Love Letter

June 2,2009


To My Prince of Peace,

I thank you my Prince for you devoted love; you know the very depths of my heart, yet you continue to pour out your love in countless ways upon my life. I thank you that in my darkest hours, you come for me. Your grip is strong as you uplift me. Your arms are gentle as you carry me. Thank you my Prince of Peace that when the hazy clouds of confusion come in to damper my mood, toy with my emotions, and destroy the foundation on which our relationship is established, You pass through with your sword and bring refreshing clarity.

At last I can breathe again, thank you my merciful Prince. Your shield of protection has blocked the intruders from further attacking the depths of my mind; for this I am grateful, my powerful Prince. My faithful and loyal Prince of Peace my love and desire are for you alone. I stand in awe of Your majestic beauty that outshines even the grandest of sunsets that fall below the horizon by the command of your voice. You are my love, oh triumphant Prince. Your words of endearment are what I long to hear above the chaos of life forever crashing in from every side, threatening me to fall in their destructive overbearing pits of darkness in which my fragile human hands alone are not strong enough to claw out of. But my honorable Prince of Peace—you are for me! Your fight is for me! The pain you have born was for me, my most loving Prince. And in return, I will live for you. What Your will is, oh Most High, as will be mine. May our hearts be as one my trusted Prince.

I will praise you and sing of your comforting touch. I will laugh with joy as your soothing Spirit over-rides all that once used to pull my shoulders to the ground. I will dance when darkness rears it’s ugly face, for it is by Your strength, my valiant Prince, that moves the rhythm of my heart. I will now stand, when once I was not able. For once upon a time the poisonous roots of insecurity were wrapped tightly around my very being; choking the life you created, mighty Prince. But not now! And no longer! For my merciful Prince—You saw me loosing life with every passing struggle—and You came. You came to me. You crossed through all to find me; through Heaven and Hell—to get to me. You came faithfully to my rescue my merciful and loving Prince. You came. Not with harsh words of condemnation, but with sweetly spoken promises. To remind me not only of who You are, but also of who I am in You. I am Your beloved. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am precious in Your sight. I am created with a purpose.

And as for You my all-knowing Prince, you come whispering promises never to leave me nor forsake me….in my simple human form, I try to respond to this, “but in my weaknesses Lord….” But before I can finish my thoughts of unworthiness Your battle-scarred hand comes firmly but lovingly to my mouth to hush my troubled words. You promise again to never leave me and it is an unconditional and everlasting promise.
This and many other promises are made by You my loving Prince, My Savior and You write them in red letters of love upon my heart, so even if I feel You are absent, I can declare these powerful words from the mountaintops and in the valleys. I know Your truth is spoken for my ears to hear, for my mind to comprehend, for my heart to hold, and for my life to live out. In the promises of my Prince I will stand firm. For He did not come so that I may struggle alone, but so that I made ride victoriously with Him on His white horse truly living the abundant, joyful life. Oh, my Prince is the true writer of “happily-ever-after fairy tales” that really do come true. There is the “scary” parts of course, but I do not have to cower from them, I have a protector for times such as those, and He has empowered me with self-defense techniques which I can find in His words of truth.
I love you my Prince of Peace, and my prayer is that my heart would desperately and passionately seek after You alone. May I also experience deeper levels of Your love and wisdom; and as I seek You above all, then may I see Your promise that all else will fall into place.

As I boldly approach my Prince, I have one last request as I bring my love letter to a close. When I began to grow and willingly dive deeper into the depths of Your supernatural being, and my life begins to reflect the greatness of who You are, I have a great desire that I wish for you to take from Your lips straight to the throne of the Most High God. As You and I ride off on you white horse into the eastern sky, may we together grab onto the multitude of bruised and fatigued hands that I see trying to conquer the circumstances that reek havoc on those battling with negative, hopeless mindsets. Souls that were created by a loving Father who still hears their shrieking cries amongst the battlefield. May we, my peaceful Prince, take them with us? Please my Lord. The fight is not over yet. I wish that none be left alone to suffer; I know this is Your heart's desire as well.
Please allow them to look up from their defeated dungeons and allow them to see our hands reaching to them. Allow them to see Your sweet freedom that is available to them now! Oh, my loving Prince, let us fight together for them!

I praise You with my whole heart. I thank You for strength, for the joy You have filled my life with, for Your blessings that rain down upon me. I praise You Lord. I adore You. I stand in awe of You my Prince. And lastly, I thank you my Prince, for Your peace that passes all understanding. I love You.

Forever Yours,
Christina Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails