Sunday, January 10, 2010

Just Float

OK...so Disney Channel is on all the time when you have two young kids, and we were just watching The Suite Life on Deck when I heard that Zack was talking to a girl who is a professional swimmer training for the Olympics. She was talking about how she is always training and working hard; she never gets a break.

He told her sometimes you need to stop swimming and just float.
Doesn't our Heavenly Father say the same thing to us?
"Be still and know that I am God" Ps. 46:10

In the mist of our chaos we need to remember to take more time to worship and praise the very one who gives us breath for each day and the strength to get through them. Believe me....as a single mom of two small boys...I know how busy life can get! I feel like it never stops spinning! But then I have those moments that remind me to stop, breathe, and smile.

I was just going over the to do list in my mind, while checking my facebook, and finishing up homework, when the boys began dancing to some commercial (again on Disney); it was so adorably funny that it brought such a huge smile to my face. Which of course made them dance even harder. They were excited to be noticed by someone they love, that they put on a great show and enjoyed the joy on my face. God does the same for His children.....

When we take the time to show our love to Him, He cherishes every moment. When we praise Him even more from the depths of our hearts, when we dance in His presence, when we smile at the beauty of His work that surrounds us, when we laugh with our loved ones, when we take the time to give to others and share the love of Christ....all these things bring joy to His heart. But all these things take us learning to relax in His presence in order to seek out the things that matter most.....

This year try to put aside the to do list more often....be still....and focus on what matters most--your relationship with Jesus Christ.....
Hey, then He promises if you seek Him first and His righteousness.....then all else falls into place anyways....

1 comment:

  1. I can relate...Disney Channel is always on at my house it seems, too. On the way home from work I was listening to a Disney podcast and the intro music had a clip from the Nemo Musical in which Dory sings: "Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming"... and I thought about making a sign to go by my desk at work that says that. You're right, though. God's Word tell us to Be Still and Know that He is God! Sometimes we forget to do that. I think that often when we see God in the unexpected, it makes us smile even more. :)

    ReplyDelete

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails