Monday, January 25, 2010

sweeping




"My favorite definition of romance is that it is 'love in action'"
Gregory J.P. Godek

Do you believe in fairy tales and being swept off your feet by Prince Charming? Is there really a "Mr. Right" out there that will romance you and make you feel like a queen? Or do you believe that it really is just in the movies?

I was reading the book Chicken Soup for the Romantic Soul today, and the above quote is on the back cover; it could not have come to me at a more perfect time. I believe that if you care about someone or love someone deeply, then you show effort and thoughtfulness not only to win their heart, but to keep it as well. Sweeping someone off their feet requires action. Sweeping is an action, although when doing it for housework it is not all that fun....but when creatively showing your affection towards someone you love, showing them they are worth the effort and attention of your heart....now that can be a lot of fun!

I am a 32 year old divorced, single mom...so I very much understand the realities of life/love/dating/marriage/ect....but I am also still very much a romantic at heart and I believe for the impossible!

After reading a few stories from this book filled with true love stories, not ones hand written by people just trying to make a blockbuster hit....it showed me that real fairy tales do exist...they were funny, refreshing, heart-warming, and full of romance. I believe that action is the key to keeping a relationship/marriage alive. Action comes in many forms. Talking/communicating is an action! Physical expressions of love = action...very fun, rewarding, and even good for your health for a few reasons type of action! In a movie I just went to see called "Leap Year", an old Irish man said something like "Every time you kiss your wife...kiss her like it is the first time and like it will be the last time...that is what keeps the marriage alive!" I love this quote! I am all about the passion and fire staying hot in a marriage! :)

But it is the small thoughtful things that are very important to me...those sweet,surprising,random, romantic acts that make you smile, cry (joyfully), laugh, and love deeper than you already do. Here is where I would like to insert some suggestions...but this is where you take the effort to think of the one you love and dig a little deeper....

Rekindle the romance...make sweeping fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails