Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lesson Learned

My Mother came to this realization very quickly...she made the connection for me...she helped open my eyes...Mom's rock like that!

I was telling her about this after school program that I am now a coach of. It is a program that challenges higher leveled kids with problem solving skills, and creative thinking. I was excited to join this team because creativity is my strong point. They also have to perform a skit; acting is my strong point...lol...well I do love to be up in front of an audience (I hope to be a motivational speaker someday along with my writing career). Anyways, I was excited and thought it would be a great thing to embark upon. However, I have found out that as a couch, basically I can do nothing. My hands are tied behind my back and my mouth is closed....now for those of you that know me...you can already see where I am going with this...my mom did quickly.

I have to keep my mouth shut????!!!! I don't understand that. That does not compute with my brain. I can not give them any ideas, touch anything, or help in any way. It has to be all the kids work. I have no control...

So my mom says with a chuckle, "Maybe God is trying to teach you something through this."

Learning to keep my mouth shut and relinquish control is hard for me...

A great friend has also shared this same advice with me earlier this week...so yes, apparently God is trying to teach me something. I was telling him how overwhelmed I was, and how I had a lot on my mind. He said tell me what's wrong maybe I can help. I said pick a topic and then typed out the very long list of things bothering me. His response was this:

Just put God first....you are trying to control too much when God is the one who makes the decisions.

Well said.

I need to just let it all go. Lay it in the hands of the Father...they are big enough to hold it all. And His ways are perfect and His timing is perfect so I need to stop trying to control everything. Just relax in His peace. Lesson Learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails