Saturday, July 16, 2011

Buffet Style

Well...as usual there is a lot on my mind. Maybe it is because even on vacation we are staying so busy, and I am really tired because I have been on the go, and I have not been sleeping well; whatever the cause my mind is swarming with thoughts again so you may get a smorgasbord of stories here today. Since I am having a hard time choosing just one thing to write about today, I pray from the display of my mixture of emotions you can pick up something encouraging.

Fears, insecurities, negativism, loneliness, bitterness,and confusion are just some of the paths I may venture off into. My first thought was to write on fears since Sunday I watched my nine year old be tormented with fear to the point he made himself sick. We went to Kalahari Water Park in Sandusky, Ohio and it was awesome! However, Riley had a hard time warming up to the water slides. He cried to the point of hyperventilating the whole way up the many flights of stairs as he was put into a large tube to be shoved down an enormous dark tunnel. I tried praying out loud over him,quoting scripture, using comforting words, obviously the forcing him to face his fears method, and many other things...but he still bawled his eyes out. Now it all turned out alright and he eventually loved the place, went on all the slides, and had a great time. But I was left feeling horrible not knowing if I did the right thing by having him face his fears. I was left feeling awful for being so firm with him. But how do you get a child to face something that you have dealt with for decades? It was not until a few years back when God delivered me from my fears during a tornado warning while I was in the bathroom with two sleeping toddlers thinking how in the world am I going to protect the two most important things to me in the world...when God's peace came over me, and I remembered He is in control.

Talking with my niece, I had a similar situation happen where again I was telling someone how to deal with something that has taken me through daily battles for over 15 years. Insecurity. How do you get a young, beautiful, smart, talented, amazing preteen to believe in herself while at the same time you are so upset over the disgusting looking pictures someone shared of you on Facebook. This weight battle has really got me being sucked back into serious frustration. But like all battles...you have to actually pick up a weapon and fight back. I don't have all the answers to all that I am facing. For example with the above problem with my son and his fears, I would love feedback on, some suggestions on what do you do...I want to be a good mom and I love them so much. I don't have all the answers but I do know that when facing a deceptive opponent who will do anything to pull me into his darkness, I CAN NOT just sit back and allow myself to be sucked it to it.

We have to take a stand. We have to fight back. If I want to loose weight I can't keep shoving my face with sweets and comfort food, it is not going to work. I have to get moving and make some changes in my bad habits with food. Time and effort are two things we don't like about a battle. Some battles take longer than others and they all take effort on your part to stand up and fight, but the outcome will be worth it versus the alternative of a dark destructive lifestyle.

Negative speaking can be another destructive bad habit that needs to be broken before it breaks you and others around you. That is just something else I have been thinking about. I don't want to be so caught up in what is wrong with my life or what is not happening that I miss all the blessing and favor of God that He is daily pouring out on me. I don't want to be a bitter, depressive person person that allows circumstances to dictate my personality. No, I want to be a light. I want the joy of the Lord to fill my soul and overflow to all those around me. So once again...I have to do the work in the battle...when the negative thoughts come pouring in...I fight back with the Word-the truth of God. This is why it is so important to get in Bible and get those promises written upon your heart, because when an attack comes you can pick up the powerful weapon of truth and fight hard. And the best part...because if you know me you know I love to win...well if God is on my side- I DO WIN!

I know this is long and my mind seems to be full of confusion right now, but...let me end it with telling you about His peace. Some of you may face the frustrating problem of an over-active mind like I do and things like this happen often; a whirlwind of thoughts try to drown out the only voice that matters. Well, when it happens again we have to take an action, we have to seek after Jesus through all the confusion because when you seek Him, you WILL FIND HIM. Get out your Bible, put your praise music on, and go after your loving Savior with full force; the rest will fade away as His peace takes over. I set out in my mom's 17 acre back yard last night watching the stars above just breathing in His peace allowing Him to strip away all the stress. I was was reminded that He put the stars in their place, He is in control of all this beauty around me, and He has my life under control as well.

So, I guess the moral of this mess is no matter what your facing today, face it with Christ...His buffet serves up and abundance of peace, joy, love, wisdom, and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails