Friday, July 8, 2011

Interrupted

"Decide that you don't mind being inconvenienced or interrupted, and God will use you to make a difference." -Joyce Meyer

When I read this quote it struck right through my heart...lately I have been complaining about some things in my life and some changes happening in certain areas. Then stopping around fussing even more over the lack of changes in other areas in which I want something to happen.

Who am I to question God's plan. Who am I to argue with perfection? What if those things that are changing are setting the stage for the things that I actually want to change to happen. Maybe those things that are changing are allowing me to be used to draw more people to the light of Christ.

So why do we wrestle with God? I am a single mom of two boys, and I have learned how to have a good wrestling match...for a 5 foot tall woman I am pretty tough! LOL. But why do I wrestle with God's plan when His outcome works all things out for good.

I am also someone who loves certain change...in fact I desperately need certain changes to happen or I get frustrated and antsy. For example, one day I decided to chop my long hair off into a bob cut out of the blue. Also, I am constantly rearranging my apartment. So...as long as it is change initiated by myself I am OK with that...but why do I fuss and whine when my Heavenly Father, who knows best, decides to interrupt my life?

God, I am sorry for my childish tantrums, and I trust in Your ultimate plan for my life. I want to be used by You to share Your love to those who feel unlovable. I want to be used by You to help turn chaos to peace. I want to be used by You to do greater works than what Jesus did during his time here on Earth because that is what Your Word promises. If that takes change to happen in my life that I think I am not ready for, or don't want...help me to welcome it with open arms and just trust in You. Also, allow the changes to further mold me into Your image, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails