Thursday, July 21, 2011

In an Instant

My three year old niece was doing my hair this morning while I was holding my 3 month old niece...life was good. I only get to Ohio about 2 times a year so getting to spend time with my family is very precious to me. I was in charge of 5 kids today: my two boys and 3 of my nieces...well and a 6th kid if you count Papaw (just kidding Bill, love ya)! LOL. We were having a great morning, but all can change in an instant. Next thing I knew the baby was crying and my hair was getting ripped from the roots of my scalp from the 3 year old! Maybe the baby was showing some sympathy for me! And in the other room one boy was hitting another with a dog leash...so it want from peace to chaos in 1.5 seconds! LOL...and just in case any of the parents of these children read this, really all is well, don't worry...well my scalp is still a little sore, but I am sure none of them are too concerned with my pain. Oh, no wait...I spoke too soon, all may not be well. My younger son just yelled up from the playroom, "Mom, Riley just got hurt and it's not my fault, I'm Innocent!" Right....

Anyways...this is life.

All can be smooth sailing, and then a storm hits.

However,I was quickly able to retrieve the brush from my hair, get the older kids to behave, and soothe the baby with a song by Kari Jobe. If you are dealing with situations that have upset your once peaceful life, or if you are constantly surrounded by depression and chaos, then I challenge you to cry out to an amazing Savior with these words. He promises when you call out to Him, He will answer.

"The more I seek You, the more I find You. The more I find You, the more I love You. I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand, lay back against You and breathe, feel Your heartbeat. This love is so deep, its more than I can stand. I melt in Your peace, its overwhelming to me."

Even if the sirens of the storms are wailing all around you,

Jesus will surround you with peace


No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails