Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ATTACK AND CONQUER!

Saturday one of my most awesomest friends got married...and yes awesomest may not actually be a word, but I am a writer, and I believe we are allowed to make up our own words...lol...anyways, I had to let her go even though I would have loved to kept her all to myself. Who else am I going to watch Sweet Home Alabama with over and over again? Who else is going to be my most awesomest Cranium partner? (I mean she is defiantly going to miss my humdingers!!) Who else is going to help me search for hundreds of hot wheel cars when the boys lose them? I LOVE YOU ASHLEY AND YOU'RE SO AWESOME! I wish you all the blessings of God in your marriage!

It was a very beautiful wedding! And I had so much fun celebrating her new marriage. AND I CAUGHT THE BOUQUET!!

Now let me tell you...if I could attack my house work like I went after that bouquet...that would be nice...it would always be sparkling clean!

Yes...I ATTACKED AND CONQUERED!! I had a mission and NOTHING, NOT ANY OTHER SINGLE LADY IN THAT PLACE,was going to get in my way! I mean seriously...we all know how loooonnnngggg I have been alone...I know you get tired of hearing/reading about it, sooooo....I was going to get that bouquet!! (because you know what means!! oh, and if your "Mr. Right" and reading this...might want to start saving now, cuz its Italy for a honeymoon, and I'm taking no less!! I mean I screwed up bad enough the first time around...gettin' it right this time!!)



Yep...that is me in the front (silver dress) the shortest but the strongest!! lol.
I WAS VICTORIOUS...AND IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL CATCH!

So...I was thinking...why is it when a crisis comes into my life, I tend to cower back and worry? I had no problems at the wedding getting what I wanted...I saw the goal...the prize was in sight...the obstacles were small in comparison to my confidence (well I guess you could say competitive arrogance). I WAS going home with that bouquet. So, when problems arise that seem larger than life, why can I not go after them in the same confidence?

The word of God says, "Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world." and "I can do all things who Christ who gives me strength." and "nothing is impossible with God." Therefore, when things arise that seem out of my control...I need to carry myself in God confidence and trust that He is in control. With His strength I can tackle any problem like I tackled those poor girls (love you guys) at the wedding. And...I CAN COME OUT IN VICTORY AGAIN AND AGAIN....and we know I like to win :)

With Christ I win every time...because even if the problem doesn't completely change...I can allow God to change me in the mist of the storms in my life. Gaining Godly character in crisis situations can sometimes be the best things that ever happen to us...even if we don't see it during the storm.

Walk in God confidence today...no matter what the devil throws your way.
Trust in Him and be victorious!

2 comments:

  1. Haha...that was great. I thought you were gonna tackle anyone that touched it. I love you and We will have to have a "Sweet Home Alabama" night sometime. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Greenville just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Thank You! I can't wait for you to come watch it with me! It is not the same without you :) You are an awesome friend and we have shared such good times together!! But I know I have to let you know be far away from me :( and enjoy an amazing and blessed marriage. I am so proud of you and love you so much! Oh...and at my sister's wedding...I DID NOT CATCH THE BOUQUET :( yet still ended up on the ground with another bride's maid!! lol. love you girl. YOU'RE SO AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails