Saturday, May 1, 2010

listening...

I love listening to music, I love listening to the sound of waves crashing on the shore, I love listening to the sound of laughter coming from children filled with abundant joy, I love listening to the sound of my boys praying, I love listening to the sound of an acoustic guitar outside on a patio while people sit together and praise God, I love listening to the sound of friends and family spending quality time together, I love listening to the sound of a mixer preparing a delicious cheesecake...
There are many things I love listening to, but...
there are also many things I don't like the sound of...
like an empty house, a broken heart, whining and complaining, the sorrow of a confused, hurt, and devastated loved one, and the lies that are whispered in my mind by the master of deception.

What are you hearing in your heart?

A liar telling you you will never be good enough, you will always be alone, the emptiness will never be replaced with joy, dreams are unreachable, desires are a lost hope....the painful negative words can sometimes seem as loud as a jackhammer and easily crowd out the gentle, but amazing, beautiful, and powerful truth that we should be listening to...

A Savior sweetly reminding us: He will never leave us, nor forsake us. And if we seek Him first, everything will be OK and work out for good. We are His beloved children, and He has created us wonderfully and in His likeness. He has great plans for us if we will just trust Him...and most importantly He loves us.

Not only do you need to listen to that, but as it speaks to your heart...you also need to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails