Tuesday, May 18, 2010

itsy bitsy spider

As I was doing my hair in the bathroom this week, I noticed a spider staying in the same spot for most of the week. It never moved. It was a very small spider. The itsy bitsy spider was not climbing up the water spout...now you're going to have that song stuck in your head :)

He was just sitting in the same spot for a few days, and at first I thought...wow, must be a great life to be able to stay in the same spot with no worries, no to-do list, no responsibilities for almost a week!

But then one day, the spider had actually moved into the sink while I was brushing my teeth. The tiny little spider had to fight against all odds to survive as he faced the slippery, steep slope of the sink which was almost too much for him to handle as the current of splashing, rushing water rose in strong efforts to pull it in to the depths of the dark drain!

My thoughts...I bet he wishes he would have just stayed on his spot on the wall!

But...

I thought over the years of my life....

Staying in one safe spot also never amounts to anything. It may be safe, but it never allows for growth, adventure, excitement, precious moments that you wish you could pause forever, moments that take your breath away, joyful moments, silly moments, dancing moments, praising God moments, and falling in love moments...

Don't move equals don't live. Not living equals not feeling alive! I'm not just talking a heartbeat....I'm talking about enjoying the abundant life that God has planned for us!

The spider may have hated that moment in the sink...but think of how he felt when he made it out....VICTORIOUS!

We may go through a lot of mess...but "greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world"....with God in us we can take on the battle with full force and come out a better person because of it. Life can be hard, but we can still....just enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails