Friday, May 14, 2010

Shake It Off!

Laughter truly is the best medicine!

I have been having one of those months...again. I am just very tired! I am a teacher assistant, and we are on the final countdown to summer break, but it can't get here soon enough. The teachers are done, the kids are done,and we need to be done! And here in NC, summer weather is already here, which really means it is time to be out of school and on the beach!

But for me, the end of the school year also brings stress because I am one of those people whose jobs is always on the line depending on the budget. So, that is one reason I have been a little stressed and exhausted. Add to that: no paycheck for two months, I bounce my banking account enough that you can just call me Tigger...get it...loves to bounce :), and I have to deal with an ex-husband who will do anything to ruin our summer plans to go see family in Ohio, and be in my sister's wedding, and I need to lose ten pounds to make sure I can fit into that bride's maid dress, and my spray-on tan, that I really loved, has now worn off so it is the return of the white legs, and the boys and I have so long ago outgrown this shoebox of an apartment that it is driving me stir-crazy, and my "dating life",well seeing as how it is extremely dead...not sure life is the right term...but...my unusual experiences have inspired me to write a new blog...one that will defiantly allow for some good laughs...well I have to laugh, or else cry...and I am trying hard to choose laughter!

Which leads me back to my first statement....laughter is the best medicine!

When it rains...it does seem to pour! This line from Demi Lovato's new song keeps finding its way out of my mouth, and the boys' as well (we love music in our house): "I can make the rain stop...if I wanna...just by my attitude." So, as I sit here alone AGAIN on a Friday night playing Solitaire, the game made for lonely losers who sit alone on weekends...just kidding...well...anyways, back on track. LOL. I sit here and think: I can cry, and go to bed early, and whine and complain about all those things, OR....

I can find reasons to laugh and enjoy life.

It is so much better that way! So, I put in a good comedy, and laughed so hard I couldn't even drink my water because I kept choking on it.

Our mindset is a choice. We can choose to focus on the negative, and be miserable. Or we can live seeking after the positive, and be filled with joy and laughter.

So whatever you are going through right now...SHAKE IT OFF....and the best way to do that is: LAUGH SO HARD YOUR STOMACH SHAKES LIKE A BOWLFUL OF JELLY!! LOL.

Psalms 126:2
Proverbs 17:22
I Thessalonians 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails