Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Matters of the Mind...

So I was major cleaning my apartment today, and like normal I have a hard time staying focused...I went from scrubbing down the kitchen, to cleaning the living room, to picking up dirty towels and clothes off the bathroom floor, to re-potting plants, to dusting, to painting my toe-nails, back to the kitchen, cleaning out the vacuum cleaner, moving the spices to a different cupboard, mopping one room, throwing junk in my room, back to the kitchen, scrubbing the toilet (that's my favorite, especially having two boys in the house...ha ha), checking on the boys who were supposed to be cleaning their room, to re-arranging things, and then again back to the kitchen. Yes...all over the place...amazingly enough I actually got everything done but my room...and that was too scary to tackle.

My mind was in the same mode today: Mayhem Monsoon...basically a giant messy storm wreaking havoc...all over the place.

It was jumping from one topic to the next in rapid fire motion...my lack of job stability at the top of the list, and because I was trying to clean a small cramped apartment the very strong desire for a house was next, and then going off from there. Now yes...this is actually mostly normal for my mind...the difference was...lately I just can't take it anymore. I am tired. Exhausted from the commotion of confusion. I am begging for answers and direction...I am pleading for peace...I am longing for strength...I am throwing myself at the feet of my Father finally saying "TAKE IT LORD" I am done with it. Your turn.

Which is of course what He tells us to do. We just sometimes have a hard time with our stubborn attitudes which causes us to unfortunately keep too tight of grasp on our turmoil in order to allow him to fix it.

His word promises "peace that passes all understanding", and "the spirit of a sound mind", and I am claiming that in Jesus name today.

God, you already have it all figured out...so I don't have to try to make mends of the mess...

I just have to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails