Thursday, July 29, 2010

GOOD NEWS!

I was blessed by the txt message of a very special friend the other day. When I was seeking after just some sort of good news...he reminded me that I am saved and never have to know what it feels like to burn in hell! Well, amen! I was very encouraged and touched, and reminded that I have so many things to be thankful for.

I am blessed to be a child of God, I am blessed to be filled with His joy and peace, I am blessed to be covered by His grace....and all of those things are truly good news; news that overrides all the bad, and I am very thankful for that!

He said that I never have to feel the fires of hell, and I want to add to this...we all go through battles here on earth that can sometimes feel like we are going through hell. Each one of the things I am dealing with on their own can be extremely tough to deal with, but then you pile them all on top of each other, and it can be overwhelming! But...as I have been writing about, I have a choice on how to approach these battles...focusing on the hell of it all, or praising God and turning to Him knowing that I am blessed and victorious; I am NOT DEFEATED, BUT I AM SAVED!

When we are children of God we are victorious and do not have to walk in condemnation or defeat! We are saved by grace and we are made complete in Christ!

My pastor's wife's lesson last night also went along with this combating the negative things/thoughts in our lives with the positive truths of God's word...His promises are for us to claim and live daily. I am accepting those promises in my life today! I am proclaiming the good news of God! I serve an awesome God who is worthy to be praised. A God that has not forgotten me, and a God that knows my name, and a God that hears my prayers, and a God that is always there!

Be of good cheer and live in the joy of the Lord! Praise Him and be thankful for all the blessings in your life. This the day that the Lord has made and I will be glad and rejoice in it! SO COME ON AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND JUST JUMP FOR JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails