Thursday, July 22, 2010

Waiting...


I have written about waiting before, but....here we go again!

“They that WAIT upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not fait.”
Isaiah 40:31

While I was spending some time reading my Bible the other day, the word wait came up at least 3 times…

I have a hard time with waiting.

I was thinking about some men in the Bible who had to wait, such as Noah, who had to wait 120 years before it rained after he finished the ark. I feel like the last 7 years of my life I have been waiting on three big desires of my heart…and I have not been waiting patiently, I am ashamed to say….so Noah, you rock! But, I have been throwing some pretty childish tantrums over what I want:

1. A writing career (want to be a published author) and motivational speaking career (job/financial stability alone would be fabulous)
2. A nice house (with a huge fenced in back yard for the boys to run free! Also a nice big kitchen for me, I love to cook!)
3. A husband (one who is a great man of God. Someone to talk with…yes, I love to talk, and laugh with always. And I want a man of God in the home for the boys, someone to help me raise them in God’s way.

My patience runs very thin from time to time; I do think overall I have done well, but waiting is just not easy for me, I get too anxious and I am ready for a change or for things to go my way, for my dreams to come true, for my prayers…my pleas from my heart to be answered, to have more direction and guidance. It is hard for me to wait. I get my fingers a-drummin’ on the table top, my foot a-shakin’, I start pacin’, I start complaining, I start crying, and begging, “I want it NOW! God!!!!”

I don’t know God’s plan, but I do know His ways are perfect and His timing is perfect…as hard as that is to hear because all of those three things I really do want NOW. Some days each desire is stronger than another; like today I heard a song that made my heart ache for number 3, but the day before I was in Barns & Noble looking for book publishers to send my book off to again; hence, number 1 was my main hearts desire. And I want number 2 every time I have to clean this small apartment, or every time the boys are driving me crazy while flipping over (and breaking) the furniture because they need to get outside and run! These are things that are so important to me…and all of them seem impossible, but I serve an awesome God who exceeds the natural and works in the supernatural; therefore all things are possible! (Matthew 19:26)

JUST IN HIS TIMING AND IN HIS WAY!

A few weeks ago, my pastor’s wife/ my wonderful friend was teaching her lesson to our Wed. night ladies group, (my favorite time of the week! Love Ya Ladies!) and she passionately delivered one of the best lessons she has ever given (and I love all her lessons, she is a great speaker/challenger/encourager/woman of God), but she asked us this question:

IS GOD ENOUGH?

If I have to live pay check to paycheck for the rest of my life…is God enough?
If I never become a published writer…is God enough?
If I never get a house…is God enough?
If I have to sleep alone for the rest of my life…is God enough?
If I never feel the passionate love of a husband ever again…is God enough?
If I never have an amazing man marry me; a man to laugh with, cry with, smile with, pray with, grow with, vacation with, uplift in the troubled times, dance in the joyful times, read God’s word with in decision making times, help with the boys in all times…is God enough?

YES!

I also know that God knows the desires of my heart, and He wants to bless me, and I am believing for that….so I must ask this:

In the waiting times…is God enough?

YES!

Whatever you are waiting for, first let go and trust God…know that He has a plan and a timing for everything. But ask yourself…no matter what you are going through right now as you read this, is God enough?

I KNOW HE IS…and I can type this with a peace that passes all understanding, a joy that overflows in my heart, with strength for each day, and with Godly wisdom that supersedes the natural.

GOD IS ENOUGH!

Below are just some wonderful scriptures that I feel align with the ideas in this post:

“And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.” Psalm 39:7

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”
Hebrews 11:1

“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:2-3

“Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you” Matthew 6:33

“Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let you heart take courage; wait for the Lord!”
Psalm 27: 14

These are some of the songs (I get mine from itunes) that always uplift and encourage me in times of waiting, in the lonely moments, when I am thinking of my dreams and desires, when letting go and seeking God’s will, in times of depression, and/or in the deepest, darkness of the pit that you may find yourself in right now:

“While I’m Waiting” by John Waller
“Only You” by Adie
“You’re the One” & “Your Will” by Devin Williams
“You are For Me” & “The More I seek You” by Kari Jobe
“Rescue” by Newsong
“Made Me Glad” by Hillsong
“Cry On My Shoulder” by Overflow
“Grace Flows Down” by Passion
“My Hope is You” by Third Day
“Sweetly Broken” by Jeremy Riddle
“Your Beloved” by Brent Helming
“Always” by Building 429
“How Great is Our God” by Chris Tomlin
“What Faith Can Do” by Kutless
“The Climb” by Miley Cyrus (I know this not Christian, but the words are encouraging when you are going through something)

WAIT ON THE GOD...HE WILL MAKE IT WORTH THE WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails