Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cropped

Since when has taking pictures become more about trying to become America's next top model and less about the capturing the moment and cherishing memories.

I am very guilty of this lately. I have fallen in love with Picasa and other photo workshops because they allow you to crop pictures; or in other words: hide the muffin top. I love that it can whiten and brighten my teeth, brush away the blemishes, and cut away any unsightly cellulite. We get so caught up in our appearances and making sure we have the best picture and trash the rest, now that digital cameras make that so easy, that we loose sight of what really matters...enjoying those moments that we wanted to capture on film in the first place.

When I became overweight I hid from the cameras for the longest time. Until my dad told me that someday the boys will want to look back at pictures, and they will want their mom in them. That hit me hard, and I begin to put on the smile and stand proudly next to my boys for pictures. But...this last few months I have begun to loose that confidence again...focusing too much on outer beauty...or in my eyes lately, the lack of outer beauty as the belly is bulging again...probably because of the brownies I indulged in for breakfast today. (yes I did say breakfast, that is not a typo)

When someone asked me once what I do like about myself (outward) I said, "I love my eyes and I have very cute feet." So I am covered at the top and bottom....it is just all the stuff in between I am not too fond of!!

Well...what I need to crop out is my negative attitude. Where is the button for cutting that out?! I want to get back to just laughing and enjoying life, and capture those memories to hold onto forever. God has brought me too far in learning to believe in myself, and giving me a heart to fight the fight against insecurity. I may have a moment of weakness, but through my weaknesses, Christ is strong. I am a strong, confident woman of Christ, and I want that to shine through so brightly you can even see it in a snapshot.

Now it is your turn to stop fussing over all the flaws you think you have, and start holding your head up--smiling that beautiful smile I know you have :) Because God created you wonderfully!


The following are non-cropped, slightly scary, somewhat silly pictures:
crazy close-up...


the boys love playing with my ipod camera...

all natural after working hard all day rearranging boys' room...

waking up too early on a weekend after the long day of cleaning...


see...now this picture I never posted because I did not like the way my natural inner tube around my waist looked especially standing next to my gorgeous skinny sister...but...this was the best day ever!! It was so much fun...and that is what I want to focus on! And it is a beautiful picture :)


Get the picture? Enjoy life and stop cropping out the parts you don't like...you may end up with nothing left...

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails