Saturday, June 18, 2011

I have a problem...

When does love of something cross over to addiction? I have the answer to that...

I was craving a brownie so bad yesterday that even though I had absolutely no motivation to clean an apartment that could barely even be walked through, somehow I found the energy to get up and rush to the store to get that expensive brownie I was desiring so bad I could taste the rich Carmel before I even bought it. I was in such a hurry, it was not until I walked into the store that I realized I had not even put on a bra. This is when I knew I had a problem, and I had crossed the line. I need help. Food has become my best friend, and therefore at the same time--it became my worst enemy. The weight is coming on fast, and I am furious....ahhh now that just makes me think of Paul and Vin....mmmm...oh sorry...let me get back to reality.

Lord, I need you. Something is all messed up causing nerves/anxieties/insecurities/worries and all that equals me indulging in everything edible. How do I make it stop. Well the only guarantee way I know to fix anything--PRAY.

Whatever this is Lord, please fix it. As I have stated in my other post, I want to be healthy Lord. I want to have energy and strength to enjoy life and be a great mom. And I do NOT want to slip back into insecurities and depression which tends to come along with major weight gain. I know who I am in You Lord and that will not be shaken. So please break this addiction with food and give me the discipline and wisdom to make better choices. Broccoli not brownies :) Thank you Jesus. Amen.

With any kind of addiction we need to lay it at the feet of Jesus. On the cross, He has already taken the weight and pain of all our sufferings/sins/addictions. Therefore, give it to Him and allow Him to cleanse you, and give you the strength to walk away in peace and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails