Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Oops I Did it Again"

I know, Brittany Spears already did it, but...the title fits the post. Let me take you to the dark side of me for a bit. And then I want to leave you with the hope that no matter how dirty your dark side is...His light can penetrate though, and and He can see someone He loves.

Please prepare yourself as some of these images I paint may not be too pretty. I want to talk about the human side of me...we are after all human; therefore, not perfect. I love the verse that says, "being transformed into His image" because God has to continue to form me into His image. (2 Corinth. 3:18) The verse does not say once we accept Christ we are automatically perfect and will never screw up again. It does not say...and this is what I believe holds a lot of people back from entering the doors of a church...before you can even come to Christ, or before you can even think about Him accepting you, you had better clean yourself up! No...it says being transformed. So am I gonna mess up...oh yeah...let me share a little.

First of all, if you have not read my post, "I have a problem" from a few days ago you may want to start with that and then come back because....I did it again...ALTHOUGH...fully clothed this time!!!! Praise the Lord!!! Even showered and did my hair just to make sure I was actually ready to go to the store this time. Because let's face it...I am over thirty, and what I did was just not good if you ladies know what I mean! LOL. Anyways, I had to rush off to the store yet again just to get a decadent brownie, well...that and TP--which is what I used as the spoken justification for the quick errand. I have not stopped shoveling in food for a long time. So I am often left with the feeling of weakness...

Moving onto a deeper darkness...my thoughts. I don't know which is worse actually my lust for food or a man... I woke up this morning again with impure thoughts...won't go into the details of that...let's just say I have been single for over seven years now without even being taken out on a date, so...my thoughts do no always veer towards the path of becoming a nun as the impurities tend to play like a theatrical trailer in my mind. So, should I hold my head down in shame and give up? Perhaps I should just fall into those thoughts time and time again and allow the passion to take over persuading me to act upon them over and over. In the past I have allowed my desires to override my moral compass so maybe that has scarred me for life anyways. Because why would the Holy, Almighty God want anything to do with me?!

People sometimes say, "well if you only knew my story" or, "if you only knew what was in my heart and mind," well...God does know...so what does He think about me and my mess?

Here is answer to that:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER BELIEVES in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 (doesn't say whoever is perfect)

And as far as your faults...

"My GRACE is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinth. 12:9

Jesus still loves you and can use you...you and all your imperfections because when He looks at you all He sees is...His beloved creation. He is calling to you and longing for you to run into His open arms of love. Stop looking at your sins and look to your Savior!

Because, "For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!" We are sinners through Adam, but we are righteous through Christ!

Now does any of this give us a license to sin...by no means! What it does is allow us to seek after Him for forgiveness when we do mess up, then move on! The more we fall in love with Jesus the more those desires will fade away, and He will give us the strength to push through them and press on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54491/88/0DF25E579D18CCD4DD3E3405146F9315.png

Related Posts with Thumbnails